Don’t Leave College Without It…
Want to make complete sense of Genesis in light of modern science/evolution? Look no further. Upon finishing all of Denis O. Lamoureux’s DDS PhD PhD free online multimedia episodes in this intriguing course, I had to keep wiping grateful tears from my face — it made SO much sense of it all. It explained SO many questions that had nagged me (and most other Christians) my whole life!
For years, I actually had avoided Professor Lamoureux’s books and online content because I didn’t prefer some of his conclusions. But, now after hearing him out and seeing the evidence myself, I’m sold and oh how I wish I had looked there first!!!
An entire 3-credit college course, “CHRTC 350 – Science & Religion: An Introduction”, taught by renowned science/religion author, Professor Denis Lamoureux, DDS PhD PhD, is now available online. This is a highly polished course that Dr. Lamoureux has taught 61 times over 17 yrs.
It’s FREE to view! Or you can take it online as a blended-learning course optionally for college credit or audit OR via NON-credit options ($50 for 5 Week Course) or ($250 for FULL course) including discussion.
But, you don’t have to share his views to benefit greatly from the course. The purpose of the course is for students to be equipped to develop their OWN science/religion position.
See the overview, and you can view ALL of the multimedia instruction, handouts, class notes, syllabus & full details at the CHRTC 350 Class Home Page for FREE! Once there, select “Class Audio-Slides” to show the list of links to the online multimedia episodes. Note: The course is in Flash format. But, there’s a great app for that, the Photon Flash Player, that enabled you to play it on iPhone or iPad.
The course builds on itself and it is important to start from the beginning and work your way through to the end. Professor Lamoureux’s says that the group discussions with other students in the class has proven to be invaluable for students. The is group discussion and the ability to interact with Dr. Lamoureux is available only in the paid options. My own science/religion paradigm shift was a lonely experience and how I wished I had had the discussion option years ago!
See Course Homepage for details.
Students (Credit or Audit)
Register/pay for blended (Flip) course & obtain a permission letter from your school.
See Course Homepage for details.
(only $50-250) course with Denis
See 5 Week Course ($50) or FULL NON-credit course page ($250).
The blended-learning (Flip) 350 course for credit : Register for the “Blended (Flip)” class. Be sure to obtain a letter from your school approving the course if you want the credits to transfer. See Course Homepage for details.
This course is being taught by Dr. Lamoureux (who will be remoting-in every other week or so) through a facilitator in a blended-learning (Flip) environment right in your own geographical location. The included weekly group discussions are always an invaluable part of this blended learning course!
The Online-only class: Alternatively, a purely online class for college credit is also available (e.g., if there are no Flip classes in your area), but without the benefits of the blended-learning class.
The 5 Week Course for NON-credit (only $50) course: This is an abbreviated course that covers Denis’s Web Lectures that will run late Jan 2014 to Late Feb 2014. A high school version may also be available that would be perfect for homeschool or private school use.
The blended-learning (Flip) class for NON-credit (only $250) course: This is a blended learning Flip course that begins in January, 2014.
Refer back to the above homepages for forthcoming registration details or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll make sure you get the details ASAP.
Why I think Professor Lamoureux’s course is THE science/religion course to take:
- Highly polished – given 61 times over the last 17 years with high student satisfaction (average rating to 4.7 on 5.0), including teaching awards from the University of Alberta Students’ Union.
- Dr. Lamoureux’s academic credentials (see his CV):
- Ph.D. in Biology Specialization: Oral Biology–Dental Development and Evolution
- Ph.D. in Theology Specialization: Interdisciplinary Theology–Science and Religion
- Master of Christian Studies from Regent College with a specialty in Genesis 1-11 during its heyday with J.I. Packer & Bruce Waltke)
- Master of Divinity from Regent College and Carey Hall
- Board of Governors Awards for both MCS & MDV and awards for both evangelism and proficiency in Hebrew
- Doctor of Dental Surgery
- Dr. Lamoureux is a true expert in the modern origins controversy with specialization in both biblical interpretation AND biology at the Ph.D. level!
- Dr. Lamoureux holds the first university tenure-track positions in science & religion in Canada.
- University of Alberta is rated in the top 50-75 academic institutions in the world!
- Evangelical publisher, Zondervan Publishing, has a forthcoming book on 4 views of Adam due out in December 2013. Dr. Lamoureux is one of the authors of that book and presents one of the 4 views.
- What the class discussions will be about – class survey cards
- Note that 60% of the final exam on the first day of the class so they can prepare throughout the term. These are 20 short answer questions hitting top topics in sci-rel. http://www.ualberta.ca/~dlamoure/350final.pdf
- Some of Denis Lamoureux’s key beliefs/convictions:
- Dr. Lamoureux is self-described as a born-again, evangelical, accepts miracles, ID & the Bible as Holy Spirit inspired (see slide 3) and signs the Apostle’s Creed (see slides 5 & 6 therein)
- Affirms the 10 commandments & Reality of Sin (see slides 5-8) and here (slide 10) and again here (slide 10)
- Dawkins vs. Lamoureux on Intelligent Design (slide 8)
Yes, public universities in the U.S. can accept this course as an Arts elective because it is a cross-cultural experience to a university that is in Canada, i.e., where they do not have the separation of church and state.
If you want take the blended-learning (Flip) non-credit course specifically in the Baltimore/Washington area, in particular, please contact me* via the contact form below or email me directly at email@example.com or message me @EvoCreatn on Twitter.
* Note, I could potentially be receiving compensation for facilitating this course as a blended learning Flip class at some point in the future. But, that is not why I endorse it unreservedly — that’s because it makes so much sense. And I’d gladly facilitate it for free!!! …but, don’t tell Denis.